Balsamic and honey asparagus is a quick and easy side dish to add to any meal. The honey sweetens up the intensely flavored balsamic vinegar and pairs perfectly with the distinct taste of asparagus. I love making this side dish if my main course is something basic, like baked chicken. It has so many flavors it livens up any meal.
What you need:
1 Bushel asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
Salt and pepper
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange asparagus on foil covered flat baking pan.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and 2 teaspoons honey.
- Toss and serve.