Sangria is one of my favorite drinks, but it isn’t easy to order at a restaurant unless they really know what they’re doing. This recipe is a party favorite every time I serve it, and it never gets old! Watch the quick video I made for step by step instructions above, or keep reading!
While searching for the perfect sangria recipe I knew it needed the right flavors to make it taste good, without being too sweet. You can add whatever kind of fruit you would like, but I stick to the classic lemon, orange, lime, and of course apple.
When prepare the sangria I usually stick with a cabernet but any type of red wine will work perfectly with this recipe.
What you need:
- 1 bottle red wine
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup peach schnapps
- 1 bottle sparkling water
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
How to make it:
- Chill the sparkling water
- Add red wine to pitcher
- Add brandy and peach schnapps
- Cut lemon, lime and orange in half
- Juice half of the lemon and orange
- Juice the full lime
- Add juices to the pithcer
- Slice up the remainder lemon and orange
- Slice up the full apple
- Add fruit to the pitcher
- Let fruit soak in pitcher for 3-4 hours before serving
- When ready to serve, add the sparkling water to the mix
This refreshing drink will get you through the summer heat, but be careful serving it at parties—it will be gone before you know it!