Does anyone remember those old athletic shoes everyone used to wear? Do you still have them sitting in your garage like I did? Well here is your chance to give those old slides a facelift! Kim Kardashian and company have made these fur slides a summer trend and while some cost a pretty penny, this DIY tutorial is a simple (and cheap) way to bring them back to 2017! Keep reading or watch the video above to see step-by-step instructions on how to revamp yours!
What you will need:
- Old athletic slide shoes
- 2 inch faux fur (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby)
- Super glue
What to do:
- Add super glue to shoe seam on one side of the shoe.
- Wrap faux fur around the top of the shoe.
- Cut excess fur and super glue the other side of the slides.
- Let super glue dry and rock your refurbished athletic slides!
Adding a little faux fur to these casual shoes really brings them new life. Looking for something to top off your athleisure look? Look no further! These slides are the perfect casual chic style to add to your favorite summer look.