There is nothing better than a fresh salad for lunch on a summer day. This Greek salad is so easy—all it takes is throwing stuff together, which is my kind of salad! While the preparation is simple, the salad itself is delicious. I made it for a small gathering of friends and it was gone in minutes. This salad makes a great entrée for a quick dinner at home, or a simple way to bring something along to a party. The idea came to me after eating, far too many, Greek salads out at restaurants—how easy would this be at home? Turns out the salad itself is just a “throw it in” kind of recipe and it tastes just as good as a chef prepped σαλάτα.
What you need:
- 1 bag of romaine lettuce
- 1 can of pitted black olives
- ½ container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 container of feta cheese
- ½ Cucumber
- ¼ onion
- Greek Dressing (I just used Kraft)
How to prep:
- Empty lettuce into serving bowl.
- Drain olives and slice in half. Add to bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Add to bowl.
- Chop/dice green pepper and onion. Add to bowl.
- Chop cucumber and add to bowl.
- Add feta cheese to bowl.
- Add dressing, toss and enjoy!